Einstein’s definition of Genius: “One percent inspiration and 99 percent perspiration.” This workshop will cover keeping yourself inspired to do the fantastically important work of fundraising for your nonprofit and practical tips to help you keep perspiration at a minimum. Inspiration—how to keep yourself going in fundraising, why your work is important, and how to keep yourself inspired and motivated. Perspiration—setting your organization up for success: Infrastructure, the role of board, staff and volunteers in fundraising, setting up a fundraising calendar, prioritizing fundraising tasks, using metrics to evaluate success.
Agenda will include:
- You as a fundraiser—what it takes, what you need to know
- What the board, the CEO, and the volunteers need to know and how you can teach them
- What sources of funding are available?
- What is the best way to approach these sources?
- Which methods of fundraising are more effective?
- How you measure your success fundraising